Saturday, December 7, 2013

Client Testimonial #2

I want to share with you the story of Jerry. Jerry came to me just a few months ago with one goal: to pass the sheriff's  academy entrance physical. The only problem was that Jerry is in his 60's and almost completely deconditioned. We had 60 days to get him to do 17 military push-ups in 60-seconds, 25 full sit-ups in 60-seconds and a mile and a half run in under 17 minutes. 

On our first day together I took him through a mock test to see where he was physically and how far we had to go. It became very clear that we needed to take an aggressive approach to get him to where he needed to be. Unable to complete more than 10 push-ups, 3 sit-ups or even run a mile without stopping, I  knew I had my work cut out for me! 

We started simple: push-ups and sit-ups every other day with daily jogging. I also got Jerry on a healthy eating plan and we focused on corrective exercise to make sure he would be able to keep his body healthy and injury free for his physical exam. After seeing some initial success, I decided to ratchet up the intensity a bit by employing the "Grease to Groove" technique, which I will talk about in-depth next week.

Several days before the test we began tapering off his workload and tweaking his nutrition slightly to make sure he would have the best opportunity to pass. Jerry had gone through a complete transformation in just 60 days! On the morning of the test, he passed with flying colors. Jerry was able to meet and exceed the sheriff's department physical standards and he did so in just 60 days while remaining injury free! Even at 62 years old, Jerry now says he is in the best shape of his life!


No comments:

Post a Comment